What is staking?
There are two types of consensus mechanism
- PoW - Proof of Work
- PoS - Proof of Stake
How does staking help validators yield interest?
Staking yields interest in three ways
- The validations task is assigned to validators based on the quantity of crypto assets held. The more the assets users stake, the more the chance of validating blocks and earning rewards.
- Through Delegate Proof of Stake (DPoS), stakeholders can join stake pools, and the rewards gained by the pool are shared among the holders. Also, holders’ assets act as votes and they get to involve in governance proceedings too.
Example: Binance, Crypto.com, and Kraken.
- Other users can just hold their desired crypto assets and earn an annual percentage rate of interest yielded from the platform.
Example: If you just stake 1000 COSMOS in Trust Wallet, you earn,
+0.2503 ATOM - Daily
+6.0083 ATOM - Monthly
+72.10 ATOM - Yearly
How do more native coins are generated as rewards?
Staking in Ethereum 2.0
- Ethereum 2.0 follows the same concept of staking. Lock, earn and earn more.
- The minimum threshold set by Etherum 2.0 is 32 ETH. It means any user with a minimum of 32 ETH can participate in the staking process. Plus, validators require a validator node to proceed with the process.
- And just like any other staking process, validators do not need advanced current-consuming systems. All they need is a laptop with an internet connection.
- The rate of return for staking ETH is around 4% to 10%.
DeFi Staking as a business
Major platforms that support DeFi staking
Develop your DeFi Staking platform with Osiz Technologies
Embark on the future of gaming with the top 7 blockchain game development companies leading the industry in 2024 and 2025. These innovative firms comb...Read More...
Blockchain technology has been rapidly evolving over the past few years, and its potential impact on various industries is immense. As we step into 20...Read More...
In recent years, decentralized finance (DeFi) and non-fungible tokens (NFTs) have taken the crypto world by storm. One of the most interesting project...Read More...